What does a good story contain?
- Teaching objective (imput): moral lesson, follow-up activities
- A good story have a beginning, a Middle and an end !
- Conflict: external, internal, environmental
- Resolution of conflict: climax!
- Happy endings and so on...
- Developping imagination
- Teaching moral values
- Making kids thinking about how to react in real life / capacity to solve a problem
- Interacting with others
- Developping way of thinking / point of view
- Asking themselves questions
- Learning skills throught stories
- Visuals: pictures, colours, cartoon
- Type: humorous, horror, detective, fairy
- Language: vocabulary, grammar
- Sounds: animals, music...
- Characters: clearly define: bad/good/hero/vilain...
- Make gestures, mimes...
- Speak slowly and repeat
- Eye contact: participation
- Make pauses
- Variation of voices
- Play games
- Sing songs
- Acting the story
Few important words I've learnt this semester in class, podcasts or activities:
Podcasting, broadcasting, video-conference, templates, artefacts, wired, Web 2.0, digital, baladodiffusion, input, output.